Libraries & Archives
- Concordia Seminary (St. Louis, MO) Library
- some CHI library holdings are included in the seminary library catalog
- Walther Library, Concordia Theological Seminary (Fort Wayne, IN)
- access to the library's catalog through PALNI, comprised of the collections of twenty-five colleges, universities and seminaries in Indiana.
- the union catalog of Swedish libraries, a database containing 3 million titles representing the holdings of more than 160 Swedish libraries.
- Paul F. Cooper, Jr. Archives at Hartwick College
- Löhe-Zeit-Museum Neuendettelsau
- a museum devoted to the life and work of Wilhelm Loehe, including his role in sending Lutheran pastors to serve among German immigrants to America in the mid-19th century
- Archives of the Episcopal Church (Austin, TX)
- information on the Episcopal Church's archives and records management program, including the archives' newslettdr, "Etcetera".
- Billy Graham Center Archives at Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL)
- a collection of records and papers of independent evangelical organizations, leaders and missionaries, with an excellent list of links to other evangelical archives.
- Eden Theological Seminary Archives (St. Louis, MO)
- contains records of the Evangelical Synod of North America and the Evangelical and Reformed Church (now part of United Church of Christ). Includes records of congregations of the Evangelical Synod.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Archives (Chicago, IL)
- a site with information and resources dealing with the ELCA's history.
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod Historical Society (Mankato, Minn.)
- Founded by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod in June 1996, the ELS Historical Society promotes interest in the historical and doctrinal heritage of Lutheranism, particularly of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod and its institutions; stimulates historical research; publishes historical studies; assists congregations in the preservation of local congregational history; preserves items of museum quality; and, provides assistance to the ELS Department of Archives and History.
- Sutter Memorial Archives
- Archives of the Metropolitan New York Synod of the ELCA. Includes records of predecessor bodies dating to the founding of the New York Ministerium in 1786 and pre-synodical materials from the early days of Lutheranism in New York.
- Library of Congress
- National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections
Archival & Historical Organizations
- Lutheran Historical Conference
- Midwest Archives Conference
- Society of American Archivists
Home | Resources | District Archivists | Libraries & Archives | Internet Resources
Copyright © 1997-2008 Concordia Historical Institute