The LCMS National Youth Gathering
Twenty Years of Grace, Growth & Good Times
Why Do We Have Youth Gatherings?
The purpose statement for Synodical Youth Gatherings says that "Through the development of Synodical Youth Gatherings, the Board for Youth Services shall:
- Provide opportunities for youth and adults to come together in the name of Christ to proclaim, celebrate and witness their salvation through Jesus Christ, rejoice in the fellowship of their church and be affirmed and nutured in their lives as disciplines through Word and Sacrament;
- Affirm, support and promote the ministry of the host district; and
- Provide an arena to raise the visibility of Youth Ministry within The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod."
The Guiding Principles for Youth Gatherings Include:
- Youth Gatherings demonstrate that the Church cares for and affirms young people;
- Youth Gatherings equip young people and adult leaders to recognize that youth ministry happens in a variety of settings in their parish and community;
- Young people understand and celebrate the meaning of Christian joy in all of life's situations;
- Young people grow in their personal relationship with God and grow in the fellowship of Word and Sacrament in Christ's church;
- Youth Gatherings recognize and affirm the diversity of God's people.
[ Entrance | Introduction | 1978: Kansas City | 1980: Ft. Collins | 1983: San Antonio | 1986: Washington, D.C. | 1989: Denver | 1992: New Orleans | 1995: San Antonio | 1998: Atlanta ]
Back to the On-line Exhibits Page
Copyright (c); 1998 Concordia Historical Institute